Tiger nut flour is the secret ingredient in these super fudgy paleo tiger nut brownies! And since tiger nuts are actually tubers, they’re great for people with nut allergies.
It’s probably obvious by now that I love to cook a lot of my own food, but I also LOVE restaurants. I mean, a lot of people love restaurants, but I really love them…like, I’ve finished-my-meal-but-I-want-to-stay-here-all-day kind of love them. When I’m at a restaurant I like, a cozy one with delicious food that’s just the right mix of comforting and interesting, I pretty much want to move in.
The Haven in Jamaica Plain (Boston, MA) is like that. All the seats are classroom chairs, but somehow it just works (even though, as a former teacher, I’m dying to get in there after hours and put a tennis ball on the bottom of each leg so they won’t be as loud when you scoot them). It’s a Scottish gastropub, and everything I’ve ordered has been delicious, perfectly striking that balance between familiar and unfamiliar that I’m always looking for when I eat out. The Haven serves lunch and dinner all week and brunch on the weekends, and they also have a full bar. I’ve been several times for brunch and twice for dinner, and think I’ll try lunch next. (Check out the giveaway at the end of this post for a chance to win one of two gift cards so you can try The Haven yourself!)
This summer, my vegan & paleo strawberry ice cream was a runner-up in Rodelle Vanilla‘s Great American Ice Cream Contest, and the prize was a basket of Rodelle Baking Goodies. I asked the wonderful folks at Rodelle if they would include a few extra goodies for you all, and they said yes! I picked up a couple of other treats over at Taza Chocolate yesterday, and am beyond excited to bring you a vanilla and chocolate giveaway.
One winner will receive a prize basket including:
- Two whole Madagascar Vanilla Beans from Rodelle
- A 6-ounce bottle of Rodelle Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- A 2-ounce bottle of Rodelle Organic Chocolate Extract
- A 2-ounce bottle of Rodelle Anise Extract
- Two discs of Taza Chocolate’s Organic Fire Puncher 70% Dark Chocolate Mexicano (2.7 ounces)
- A bag of Taza’s Organic 55% Dark Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs (2 ounces)
- A recipe card for Molten Spiced Chocolate cake and a Direct Trade pamphlet from Taza