This post is sponsored by Cost Plus World Market.
This dairy-free slow-cooker spinach and artichoke dip is a snap to make and perfect to snack on while watching the big game. It’s also totally acceptable and delicious as a lunch!
Who’s excited to watch some football (read: eat some snacks)? My husband is a big football fan and I love a good snack, so we are both pretty pumped. This slow-cooker spinach and artichoke dip will totally be on the menu on game day, but if you’re not a football fan, I think it’d also be a great recipe to whip up to show your valentine how much you love them.
This dip is dairy free, but you would never know it! A simple combo of cashew cream and almond milk yogurt makes the dip super creamy, and a bit of nutritional yeast adds cheesy flavor. Of course, the dip is also packed with healthy, fresh spinach and plenty of artichokes–grilled and marinated ones for extra flavor! Whether you choose to dip chips, crudites, or both, this recipe will be a huge hit for any occasion.
It’s really easy to make the creamy base for this dip! Just soak roasted cashews in hot water for a bit, then blend them until smooth with some dairy-free yogurt and a little water.
Next, add everything to the slow cooker: fresh spinach, the cashew cream you just made, grilled artichokes, and a few spices. Finally, stir everything together and set your slow cooker to high. Before long, an irresistible aroma will permeate your house, and the dip will be done after just two hours. Make sure your chips are at the ready!
I got the key ingredients for this dip at my local Cost Plus World Market store at Hamilton Place in Chattanooga. You can find your local store right here. Cost Plus World Market is hands down my favorite place to shop because I can find unique gourmet ingredients, beautiful dishes, fun textiles, and a variety of cookware all in one place. Whether you need party favors, chairs, exciting drinks, or a Dutch oven, they have you covered. I always have so much fun exploring the store, and usually discover something amazing that I wasn’t expecting to see. For example, when shopping for this recipe, I also spotted these awesome karahis, which I can’t wait to use for an Indian feast.
For this dairy-free slow-cooker spinach and artichoke dip, I picked up extra virgin olive oil, roasted cashews, and grilled and marinated artichokes. For dippers, I found EPIC pork rinds and lightly salted potato chips. I also grabbed big rimmed plates for holding the chips and beautiful little pink bowls for the dip. (When I have a bunch of people over, I love to serve dips in several smaller bowls instead of one big one so that I can spread them out on the table and give everyone easy access!) Finally, I picked up a few gorgeous linen napkins to keep mess at bay while happily dipping. You can find all the links to these products below. I hope you give this dip a try!
Shop this post:
World Market Roasted and Salted Fancy Cashews | Cucina & Amore Grilled Artichoke Hearts | California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil | World Market Lightly Salted Crinkle Chips | Epic Sea Salt & Pepper Pork Rinds | Blush Element 5″ Shallow Bowls | Ivory Organic Rimmed Dinner Plates | Gray 100% Linen Napkins
- 1 (8-ounce) bag World Market Roasted & Salted Fancy Cashews
- ½ cup (8 ounces) dairy-free yogurt (I use almond milk yogurt)
- ¼-1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 (7.9-ounce) jars Cucina & Amore Grilled and Marinated Artichoke Halves, drained and chopped
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt (optional)
- Bring a small pot of water to a simmer and place the cashews in a heatproof bowl. Pour hot water over the cashews to cover, and let them soak for 15 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Drain the soaked cashews and transfer them to a high-speed blender or a food processor. Add the yogurt and ¼ cup of filtered water and process until the mixture is creamy and smooth, adding a bit more water if necessary for blending.
- Put the olive oil in your slow cooker insert and use a paper towel to spread it out to cover the bottom and sides. Add the cashew cream, artichokes, spinach, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper to the slow cooker and stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for two hours. When the time is up, stir the dip and taste it, adding sea salt and/or more pepper if desired. Serve hot or warm with an assortment of chips.
This post is sponsored by Cost Plus World Market. Thank you so much for supporting the sponsors that help keep A Calculated Whisk up and running!