Used in this recipe:
- 2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, separated into flats and drumettes
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, or more for spicier wings (optional)
- Thinly sliced scallions
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and place a wire rack on top of a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- Pat the chicken wings dry, and toss them with the ghee or oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Arrange the wings on the rack in a single layer and bake for 50 minutes, until crispy and cooked through.
- When the wings have about five minutes left, make the glaze. Whisk together the tahini, honey, coconut aminos or tamari, ground ginger, and cayenne (if using) in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for one to two minutes, until thick and glossy.
- Transfer the cooked wings to a clean bowl, drizzle on the glaze, and toss the wings to coat them evenly. Use tongs to return the wings to the rack, and bake them for ten more minutes, until sizzling and browned in spots.
- Sprinkle the wings with scallions and sesame seeds and serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 894Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 1013mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 42g
The nutrition label provided is an estimate for informational purposes only and may not be accurate. I am not a nutritionist or medical professional.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.