This caffeine-free ginger thyme tea is easy to make at home
and perfect for when you’re feeling under the weather.
- One 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- Honey (or your sweetener of choice), to taste
- Place the sliced ginger and four cups of water in a kettle or saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, for five to ten minutes (simmering for longer will yield a more intense ginger flavor). Remove from the heat and steep for five minutes.
- Put a lemon slice and a thyme sprig in each mug. Pour the tea through a fine-mesh strainer into the mugs.
- Season with honey (or your favorite sweetener) to taste. (I use about half a teaspoon of honey per serving.) Remove the lemon slice after a minute, or leave it in for a stronger citrus flavor. Enjoy hot and feel better!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 21Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
The nutrition label provided is an estimate for informational purposes only and may not be accurate. I am not a nutritionist or medical professional.