If you love a light and refreshing spring cocktail, this strawberry prosecco lemonade is for you!
It’s strawberry season! In case you couldn’t tell from my Instagram profile, I’m pretty excited about it. I’ve been picking strawberries at my CSA work share each week, throwing sliced ones onto salads, blending them up into smoothies, snacking on them plain, and making them into this strawberry prosecco lemonade.
I’m going to be sipping on this all spring and summer–it’s so refreshing and flavorful. VOVETI prosecco is made from 100% prosecco grapes and has a tempered acidity, but it’s not to sweet. In other words, it’s a perfect match for sweet strawberries and tart lemons. VOVETI has hints of pear, green apple, melon, and peach, which is another reason it goes so seamlessly with the fruity flavors of this drink. And of course, with the popping corks and fizzy bubbles, drinking prosecco always feels like a celebration.
I also love that VOVETI prosecco comes in full-size and mini bottles. The full-size one is perfect for making a big batch of this drink for a backyard gathering or celebratory brunch, and the minis would be great for bringing on a picnic since you can just tuck a couple into a bag or basket. And while the large bottle has the traditional cork so you can have fun poppin’ bottles, the minis have a screw top, which makes them super convenient.
For this strawberry prosecco lemonade, we’re making a quick syrup with fresh strawberries, honey, and raw sugar. After straining the syrup, we’re mixing in fresh-squeezed lemon juice to make our strawberry lemonade base. I designed this drink to be not super sweet so the other flavors would come through, so I recommend tasting the strawberry lemonade base and adding more honey or raw sugar if desired.
To make each glass of strawberry prosecco lemonade, add a handful of ice to a rocks glass. Fill it a little more than halfway with strawberry lemonade and then top if off with VOVETI prosecco. I like to garnish the drink with a fresh strawberry half, a lemon slice, and a few sprigs of thyme or mint (bonus points if they’re flowering!).
Cheers to spring! I hope you love these as much as my fiancé and I did.
For the strawberry syrup:
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
For the prosecco lemonade:
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- One full-size bottle of VOVETI Prosecco
- Strawberries, lemon slices, and sprigs of thyme, for garnish
- To make the syrup, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about ten minutes, until the liquid surrounding the fruit is a bright pinkish-red and the strawberries themselves are much less vibrant.
- Pour the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer into a heatproof container and stir in the lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve, preferably at least two hours.
- To make each cocktail, put a handful of ice in a glass and fill a little over halfway with the strawberry lemonade. Pour in chilled VOVETI Prosecco until the glass is full. Garnish with a strawberry, a lemon slice, and a sprig of thyme.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 1g
The nutrition label provided is an estimate for informational purposes only and may not be accurate. I am not a nutritionist or medical professional.