Happy fourth of July weekend! I made you a healthy dessert packed with superfoods: chia seeds, cacao nibs, honey, and cashews. Well, I am not totally sure that honey and cashews are superfoods, but they’re not bad, right? I think this pudding would be a welcome change on a weekend when desserts are often pumped full of artificial colors and flavors. (Although, if you do need something naturally red, white, and blue, may I suggest my pico de gallo de frutas? Just use blueberries instead of kiwis.)
Since this pudding is a make-ahead dessert, it’s perfect for having guests over. While you’re out grilling lamb burgers and mixing drinks (agua fresca, perhaps?) these perfectly-sized treats will just be gelling in the fridge.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey (replace with more maple syrup for a vegan version)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soak the cashews in cool water for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Drain and rinse the nuts and place them in a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and 1 cup of water. Blend until smooth, up to 3 minutes depending on the strength of your blender.
- Transfer the pudding to a serving dish or individual ramekins, cover, and refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until set.
- Top with additional cacao nibs, fruit, coconut, or other nuts as desired and serve. Best enjoyed within 24 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 9g
The nutrition label provided is an estimate for informational purposes only and may not be accurate. I am not a nutritionist or medical professional.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from Thrive Market after clicking one of my links, I receive a small commission (the price you pay is not affected). Thank you so much for supporting my site!