These creamy, frozen pineapple peach margaritas are just the thing for hot summer evenings.
Somehow a whole month has passed without me sharing a recipe, and it’s felt like no time at all! I didn’t intend to take such a break, and I’ve been sitting on these scrumptious margaritas for quite some time, but one thing after another kept piling up. I’ve been hard at work on some exciting freelance projects that I can’t wait to tell you about as soon as I’m able!
For today, though, I’m offering a simple, sweet, and creamy libation. These pineapple peach margaritas are made with ripe summer peach, frozen pineapple, fresh-squeezed orange and lime juice, and a splash of cream or coconut milk. I like a mix of sea salt and raw sugar for the rim, which helps strike an ideal and refreshing balance between sweet and salty tastes.
This recipe is a corollary of the fresh peach margaritas I shared on Instagram last year. They’re both equally amazing, so if you really want to highlight amazing peaches or don’t have any pineapple on hand you’ve got options. The all-peach version is served on the rocks and the pineapple peach version is frozen. I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite!
I hope your summer has included many fresh fruits and refreshing drinks like these, and that you’ll get your hands on more of both in the weeks to come! Cheers to summer!
- For rimming the glasses:
- Lime slices
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- For the margaritas:
- 1 heaping cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 large fresh peach, pitted
- Juice of one orange
- Juice of one lime
- 2 shots blanco tequila (I use Espolon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or coconut milk
- Scatter the salt and sugar on a small plate. Rub a lime slice along the edge of each glass, then dip and roll it in the salty-sweet mixture to coat the rim.
- Combine all the margarita ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Taste and add additional honey (or tequila!) if desired. Divide between the two glasses, garnish with lime wedges, and serve.