Grilled pound cake with lemon curd and berries is the perfect way to finish off any summer BBQs, and since it’s gluten free and grain free, more people can enjoy!
Summer is finally here, almost officially! I’ve already gotten in my first swim and am loving all the summer produce. I am such a summer person that I even enjoy basking in the heat of days that are 90+ degrees and humid–I find it kind of comforting!
Also, it’s BBQ season. To get ready for all the cookouts that are in store this summer, I teamed up with a few of my favorite bloggers to bring you five delicious paleo-friendly recipes that are perfect for summer BBQs. My contribution is this grilled pound cake with lemon curd and berries.
Grilled pound cake is the ideal way to end any grilling sesh. You bake the pound cake and make the lemon curd ahead of time, so all you have to do when the dessert hour rolls around is quickly grill the pound cake, spoon the lemon curd onto plates, and add a handful of fresh berries. I used local blackberries, but if strawberries are still in season near you, those would be fabulous, too! Later in the summer I’m looking forward to enjoying this with blueberries.
This pound cake recipe is super simple and comes together in one bowl with just one kind of flour–Otto’s Cassava Flour. It’s a grain-free, gluten-free, nut-free flour that makes paleo baking super easy. The cake is lightly sweetened with maple syrup and flavored with vanilla extract. It’s the perfect foil for tart and creamy lemon curd and juicy summer berries!
Ready to hear about the other amazing recipes that are eager to grace your grill this summer? Angela of Bare Root Girl made bacon-wrapped pineapple, which I’m sure will be gone in a flash. Faith from An Edible Mosaic made a spanakopita potato salad topped with feta, pine nuts and fresh dill. I love a lighter, mayo-free potato salad, and this one looks like the best I’ve ever seen!
Kari from Get Inspired Everyday made these irresistible spicy jalapeño turkey burgers that are served on portobello “buns” with a creamy slaw. Lauren from Wicked Spatula made grilled mojo salmon kebabs with lime and jalapeño. I want to spoon that mojo sauce on top of absolutely everything!
Which recipe are you going to try first? Together they’d make for one epic paleo summer BBQ, so I’m thinking I’ll make all five this weekend!
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ cups Otto’s Cassava Flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ cups lemon curd*
- 2 cups fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan with olive oil.
- Add the lemon juice to the almond milk and set aside.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, olive oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the almond milk mixture and whisk again.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until thoroughly combined, making sure there are no lumps of flour.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few tiny crumbs attached. Cool for ten minutes in the pan, then use a butter knife to loosen the edges of the cake and transfer it to a rack to cool completely.
- Slice the cake thickly and grill for 1-2 minutes per side. Serve warm with lemon curd and fresh berries.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase on Amazon or Otto’s Naturals after clicking one of my links, I receive a small commission (the price you pay is not affected). Thank you so much for supporting my site!