These grain-free crepes with apricot preserves are the perfect easy but special breakfast for Mother’s Day or any occasion. This post is sponsored by Bonne Maman.
It’s been a while since I’ve posted a breakfast recipe, but I’m making up for it today by sharing these super simple grain-free crepes filled with Bonne Maman apricot preserves. The batter is easy to whip up by hand in just one bowl, and the apricot preserves provide the ideal balance of sweet and tart flavors for the filling. I like to serve these with a sprinkling of powdered sugar, a dollop of whipped cream, and fresh berries, but the crepes and preserves are also great on their own! This is a great recipe to make for a Mother’s Day breakfast in bed or any other special occasion.
Bonne Maman preserves are my go-to for filling these crepes and any other time I need fruit preserves–they’re great for adding a hint of sweetness to savory recipes, too! All of Bonne Maman’s products are made with wholesome pantry ingredients and homestyle recipes that have stood the test of time. Their apricot preserves pack even more of a flavor punch than fresh apricots, thanks in part to the brown sugar and lemon juice that are added to the recipe. They’re also gluten free and Non-GMO Project verified. And right now, you can enter Bonne Maman’s sweepstakes to win a 12-piece Le Creuset cookware set, free preserves, and more!
It is beyond easy to make these crepes. Just blitz cassava flour, eggs, almond milk, and water with a touch of sugar, melted ghee, vanilla, and salt. I use my immersion blender, but you could also use a regular blender. Next, heat a little ghee or butter in a skillet and fry each crepe for about 3 minutes, tops. You can keep the finished crepes hot in a low oven if you like, but they’re just as irresistible warm. Once the crepes are ready, spread on a thick layer of golden apricot preserves and fold them in quarters (or roll them up!). Garnish with whipped cream, fresh fruit, and a dusting of powdered sugar. Finally, bring them to Mom in bed! I guarantee these will brighten her morning and get Mother’s Day off to a relaxed and delicious start.
P.S. Don’t forget to enter Bonne Maman’s sweepstakes right here!
- 1 cup cassava flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted, plus more for cooking
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
- Fresh Fruit
- Blend all the crepe ingredients with an immersion or regular blender until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet or crepe pan over medium heat and add just enough ghee to coat the pan with a very thin layer. When the pan is hot, add a scant ⅓ cup of batter and quickly tilt the pan to help the crepe form an even surface. Cook for two minutes, or until light golden brown on the bottom, then carefully flip with a spatula and cook for 1-2 minutes on the second side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Spread each crepe with a tablespoon of apricot preserves and fold into quarters or roll. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
This post is sponsored by Bonne Maman. Thank you so much for supporting the sponsors that help keep A Calculated Whisk up and running!