It’s the very last day of my Whole30! I feel great, and I’m ready to start reintroducing some foods to see how I tolerate them, starting tomorrow with dairy.
One of the best things I learned this month is that you don’t have to sacrifice anything in terms of taste & variety when eating really healthy food. The recipes below are all things I would love to eat, and do love to eat, whether I’m in the midst of a Whole30 or not. So, while I do hope I’ll inspire you to try a Whole30 yourself, I know you’ll be able to find delicious recipes here that you’ll want to make regardless of your dietary decisions.
All of these recipes are paleo and gluten-free. Most of them are dairy-free, but some recipes do call for ghee (which is lactose-free). If you can’t have any dairy, you can substitute coconut oil or olive oil for the ghee as specified in the recipe.
Are you planning on trying a Whole30? Or maybe just giving paleo a chance? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Also, feel free to link up to your favorite Whole30 recipes in the comments below!
Appetizers & Snacks
1. Figs & Pancetta (or prosciutto)–Simple & elegant, these would be perfect for classy Super Bowl snacking. Just make sure there’s no added sugar in your pancetta or prosciutto so it will be Whole30 compliant.
2. Gambas al ajillo (Sizzling Garlic Shrimp)–This Spanish tapa is so easy, but so delicious. The synergy of shrimp, garlic, and good olive oil is hard to beat.
3. Almond Butter (Vegan)–It’s so easy to make your own almond butter at home. It’s delicious with apple slices, in Asian-style sauces, or plain.
4. Fried Okra with Avocado Crema (Vegan)–Even if you think you don’t like okra, you will love this! Also, who can say no to avocado crema?
5. Carnitas con huevo–Slow-cooked, tender pork with a fried egg, avocado, and cilantro. It’s pretty much the best breakfast (lunch, and dinner) ever.
6. Veggie Hash & Eggs (Vegetarian)–Who says brussels sprouts are not part of this complete breakfast?
8. Paleo Poached Eggs with Creamy Spinach (Vegetarian)–Coconut milk gives this spinach a delightfully creamy touch.
9. Mini Quiches with Duxelles & Baby Broccoli (Vegetarian)–Make a batch of these to have on hand for a convenient & nutrient-packed grab-and-go breakfast.
10. Creole Hash & Eggs–Spicy andouille sausage and Creole seasoning will wake you right up, even on the hardest of mornings!
11. Baked Eggs in Squash Rings (Vegetarian)–Tired of regular eggs? Why not bake your eggs in squash slices for some wintertime sunshine on a plate?
12. Shrimp & Zoodles with Garlic Tomato Sauce–Zoodles are the lean, green alternative to spaghetti, and with a sauce this good, you’ll never miss the noodles.
13. Mocha Marinated Steak with Peach Salsa & Cauliflower Mash–Marinating steak in coffee & cocoa gives it a wonderful depth of flavor, which pairs so well with the bright & sweet peach salsa.
14. Sesame Lime Steak, Zucchini, and Avocado Salad–The Asian-inspired dressing for this salad uses almond butter instead of peanut butter. You’ll love how all the flavors come together!
15. Moroccan Beef with Apricots & Dates–This sweet & spicy stew is my new favorite thing. The dried fruit provides just enough sweetness to make it really special.
16. Orange Ginger Chicken Thighs–I think chicken thighs are so underrated. Try some with this delicious Asian-style marinade and you’ll understand why.
18. Indochinese Chili Chicken with Cauliflower Fried Rice–This amazing dish is inspired by my favorite Indian buffet. I crave it all the time!
19. Chicken Meatballs with Garlic Kale Marinara–These chicken meatballs have a hidden vegetable inside (can you guess which one?), AND there’s kale in the marinara sauce. They’re great for sneaking veggies into unsuspecting picky people.
20. Spicy Cocoa Chili–Cocoa gives this bean-free chili great depth. Your whole house will smell wonderful when you make this!
21. Orange-Glazed Brussels Sprouts (Vegan)–Brussels sprouts are my new favorite thing. This Asian-style orange glaze is my other new favorite thing. In my opinion, this side dish can’t be beat.
22. Sweet Potato & Kale Gratin (Vegan)–You can have a creamy & delicious casserole during your Whole30! This one’s dairy-free, but coconut milk and roasted garlic make the sauce taste amazing.
23. Braised Zucchini (Vegan)–Braising results in zucchini so tender that you can eat the whole entire thing. Nose-to-tail veggies!
24. Mashed Rutabaga & Squash (Vegan)–Roasted garlic saves the day again, and takes this side from good to ridiculous. Mashed potatoes don’t stand a chance.
25. Spring Salad with Citrusy Shallot Vinaigrette (Vegan)–A simple salad with a bright & zingy dressing. This goes well with everything.
26. Pumpkin Soup with Crispy Shallots (Vegan)–If you haven’t tried crispy shallots, go make some right now. I promise you won’t regret it–especially if you make this pumpkin soup to go with them.
27. Orange Ginger Squash Soup (Vegan)–This zingy soup is a fun & delicious way to prepare winter squash. Pomegranate arils & sliced almonds make it look and taste fancy.
28. Curried Pumpkin Soup (Vegan)–This soup can be on your table in less than twenty minutes. Go!
29. Homemade Almond Milk (Vegan)–Homemade almond milk is not hard to make, and you’ll avoid all the gross additives in the store-bought kind. Plus, you can customize sweetness and flavor by adding dried fruit & spices.
30. Vanilla Chai Spiced Ghee “Latte” (Vegetarian)–Here’s how to make your own ghee, vanilla chai spice-infused or regular. Also, how to make it into a ghee/tea “latte”.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase on Amazon after clicking one of my links, I receive a small commission (the price you pay is not affected). Thank you so much for supporting my site!